Omron M2 Classic Blood Pressure Monitor
£27.00 ex. VAT
Comfortable, quick and accurate blood pressure monitoring is now even easier with this fully automatic digital upper arm monitor.
Comfortable, quick and accurate blood pressure monitoring is now even easier with this fully automatic digital upper arm monitor. It gives early warning of potential health issues with an Irregular Heartbeat Detector. Like all fully automatic “M-Series” sphygmomanometers, the Omron M2 features Intellisense technology for fast, comfortable and accurate blood pressure measurements. The M2 is supplied with a 22-32 cm cuff as standard. A larger armband is available as an option. With the Omron M2, protection against hypertension is in your hands. While the easy to wrap cuff fits most adult arms (22-32 cm circumference), the Cuff Wrapping Guide ensures correct fitting, and the new larger display makes the results clear and easy to read.
Hypertension – what is blood pressure?
- The heart is a very powerful pump that beats steadily.
- The pressure created by the heart to pump the blood through the blood vessels is called blood pressure
- When the heart muscle contracts the blood surges through the arteries – this is when the systolic (upper) blood pressure value occurs
- The diastolic (lower) value is the resting pressure before the heart contracts again
- Ideally your blood pressure should be below 140/85 mmHg
There are approximately 16 million people in the UK with high blood pressure, however nearly two thirds are not aware of the fact, which is understandable when there are no symptoms. However, if left, high blood pressure can lead to strokes and heart problems.
Every Omron blood pressure monitor is tested for accuracy against the clinical guidelines for measuring blood pressure that are specified by the European Society of Hypertension. A clinically validated monitor means that it has undergone tests conducted by independent doctors according to a predetermined protocol, which includes ensuring the accuracy of the measurements (algorithm) of the blood pressure monitors.
This product is supplied with a 12 month calibration certificate.