The Bedfont piCO Smokerlyzer breath CO monitor is an essential tool in helping motivate smokers to quit the habit.
The device features a large touchscreen colour display with a simple user interface for complete ease of use. With just one touch of a button, a user can perform a test following the on-screen prompts for when to inhale, exhale and when to stop. The device analyses the amount of carboxyhaemoglobin (%COHb) and carbon monoxide levels (ppm) present in a breath sample with results displayed in seconds. PPM and %COHb values are shown as well as the familiar green, amber and red traffic light system providing the user with a visual interpretation of results.
The piCO Smokerlyzer connects to a PC via USB cable using the free COdata+ software. The software allows the input of patient data, capture of readings whilst the device is connected to the PC, storing of results, interpretation and reporting. (USB cable not included).
Designed with infection control in mind, the plastic casing of the device is made using SteriTouch® technology, a material that eradicates 99.9% of harmful bacteria on contact. Using the latest in sensor technology, the piCO Smokerlyzer does not require calibration however verification gas and kits are available to check the status of the monitor if required.
The device comes complete with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for added peace of mind. The device uses Bedfont’s patent pending Steribreath single-use mouthpieces.
PiCO Smokerlyzer Technical Specifications
- Concentration Range (CO): 0-150ppm
- Display: Full colour touchscreen
- Detection Principle: Electrochemical sensor
- Repeatability: <3% difference on consecutive readings
- H2 Cross Interference: <6%
- Power: 3 x AA (LR6 or Equivalent), 1 x CR2032 Lithium coin cell
- T90 Response Time: ≤17 seconds
- Operating Temperature Range: 10-40°C
- Operating/Transport/Storage Pressure: 800-1200mbar
- Operating Humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
- Sensor Operating Life: 5 years – 5 year warranty
- Sensor Sensitivity: 1ppm
- Sensor Drift: <10% per annum
- Dimensions: Approx. 34 x 75 x 140 mm
- Weight: Approx. 200g (including batteries)
The digital version of the operating manual is available here.
This product is supplied with a 12 month calibration certificate.