Philips FRx Adult Pads
£60.00 ex. VAT
For use with the Philips FRx defibrillator, the Philips FRx Adult Pads will ensure your defibrillator is always in working order whilst they are well protected in a plastic casing until they’re needed.
Having a spare pair of Philips FRx Adult Pads could be a lifesaving decision.
Defibrillator electrode pads are kept in protective casing prior to use in an effort to keep them clean and undamaged before treatment. However, if once removed they become damaged or dirty during the rescue process – you may find you need another set quickly to perform lifesaving treatment.
Having a spare set of electrode pads as part of your defibrillator kit could prove to be all the difference in the moments following a cardiac arrest.
Philips FRx Adult Pads Key features
- Protective plastic casing keeps the electrode pads safe and secure until use
- Clear and bold images help the first responder to place electrode pads correctly before treatment
- Designed to be pre-connected, ensuring the electrode pads are rescue ready in an emergency
- Shelf life of 2 years before they will need replacing if remain unused
- Sticky adhesive ensures that once pads are placed on the patient, they will not move during treatment
How to use
After the electrode pads have been connected to the defibrillator, they are registered with the AED which will then check the pads during daily, weekly and monthly to ensure they are in perfect working order until they are needed.
When the pads are required, they should be removed from their protective casing before being applied to the patient following the bold instructional images on the reverse of each pad. Once placed, the pads will begin analysing the patient’s heart rhythm and relay the information to the AED for evaluation.
Completed in a matter of seconds, if the defibrillator cannot find one of two conditions present within the heart, VT (ventricular tachycardia) and VF (ventricular fibrillation), it will not advise treatment from the AED.